Global Warming Puzzle: A New Hypothesis On Why The Pacific Trade Winds Didn’t Weaken as we have no el Ninos and lots of la Ninas when supposedly, the planet is so hot we are freezing to death. The long pause in temperature rises coupled with fewer sun spots has freaked out the warmists who make up every possible excuse for this except that truth: the sun runs our climate and even small changes in solar activity has a huge impact on climate, bigger than any other cause. CO2 has a negligible contribution to temperatures.
“We were surprised to find that the main cause of the Pacific wind, temperature, and sea level trends over the past 20 years lies in the Atlantic Ocean,” said Shayne McGregor at the University of New South Wales and lead author of the study. “We saw that the rapid Atlantic surface warming observed since the early 1990s, induced partly by greenhouse gasses, has generated unusually low sea level pressure over the tropical Atlantic. This, in turn, produces an upward motion of the overlying air parcels. These parcels move westward aloft and then sink again in the eastern equatorial Pacific, where their sinking creates a high pressure system. The resulting Atlantic–Pacific pressure difference strengthens the Pacific trade winds.”
Look at the picture above. Yes, a la Nina is definitely forming rapidly but hark! There is an even stronger equatorial la Nina in the Atlantic Ocean along the belt where hurricanes normally begin to form off of Africa. So, this is the ‘warm Atlantic’ making the Pacific colder? HAHAHA.
2014 Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook: Summary
NOAA’s 2014 Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook indicates that a near-normal or below-normal hurricane season is likely this year. The outlook calls for a 50% chance of a below-normal season, a 40% chance of a near-normal season, and only a 10% chance of an above-normal season. See NOAA definitions of above-, near-, and below-normal seasons. The Atlantic hurricane region includes the North Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea, and Gulf of Mexico.
The predicted oceanic and atmospheric conditions across the MDR typify a near- or below-normal Atlantic hurricane season, and contrast with those seen throughout the current high activity era for Atlantic hurricanes that began in 1995.
The expected conditions for 2014 reflect the likely development of El Niño during the summer or early fall, along with model predictions for near-average or below-average sea-surface temperatures (SSTs) in the Atlantic hurricane Main Development Region (MDR) (which spans the Caribbean Sea and tropical Atlantic Ocean between 9oN-21.5oN). Also, current atmospheric conditions are not showing the typical precursor signals of an above-normal season, further reducing our expectation for an above normal hurricane season.
Showing how biased observations and lying about temperatures in the past by dailing it down relentlessly using computer programs makes it impossible to predict the future, NOAA still claims we will have this hot, hot, hot el Nino. Even as they finally admit we are sliding into another la Nina.
Looking at the oceans, I see another year with virtually no hurricanes. Not ‘normal’ levels, low, low levels. The present tropical storm that will stay at sea is supposed to be a hurricane in the next two days, briefly. But a weak one, not a strong one. 8-10 hurricanes are supposed to form this cold summer which I seriously doubt.
It isn’t just the Atlantic storm season is quiet, Australian Tropical Cyclone activity said to be at the lowest level in modern history. Individual storms can grow big but the overall trend is towards fewer summer mega storms and more winter mega storms.
So far in 2014, record low temperatures outpace record highs nearly 2-1 in the USA but facts don’t stop the warmists especially government officials wanting more energy taxes. So, As Oysters Die, Climate Policy Goes on the Stump:
In Washington State, where scientists say a rise in carbon levels is killing shellfish, Gov. Jay Inslee is working to pass climate change policies, aided by a billionaire friend.
Note the governor never mentions Fukushima which continues to pollute the entire Pacific Ocean with nuclear poisons. Not to mention, cooler waters is often a cause of changes in marine life density and types of food available.
So, we see from today’s temperatures, that the nation is cooler at night and cooler during the day compared to normal except for one small area: Oregon and Washington! There, it is warmer than Death Valley. Flash floods, mud flows strand residents in California as the USUAL monsoon season hits there. Arizona and New Mexico have also enjoyed floods and other typical monsoon weather.
Arctic Sea Ice Extent Remains Highest In A Decade Adelaide Records Their Coldest August Temperature In Over 125 Years while August Temperatures In Arkansas Declining For 120 Years and indeed, cold records continue to be set all over the planet. Yes, there are warm spots such as in Europe which is less than 1.5% of the earth’s surface, to paraphrase all the lunatics who claimed the entire North American continent, which is huge, is a tiny corner when we are freezing.
Of course, California and the West Coast are gigantic to warmists so if it is warm there, this trumps 90% of the North American continent which is 90% bigger. There is no excuse for ‘scientists’ to be so infantile yet they were all over the place, telling followers how to argue with realists.
All this cascading news showing clearly both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres are getting colder, not warmer, doesn’t stop these lying climatologists who have this bizarre religion about CO2 heating the planet. In the article at the top, where they try to explain why there is no warming, one guy admits THEY KNOW VERY LITTLE and I say, are making stuff up on the fly as predictions collapse:
“We are just starting to grasp the scope of the impacts of this global atmospheric reorganization and of the out-of phase temperature trends in the Atlantic and Pacific regions,” adds Fei-Fei Jin, climate scientist also at the University of Hawaii Meteorology Department.
Nothing is ‘out of phase’, this is how cooling works! This is NORMAL not unusual. The vast majority of the time since the beginning of the Ice Ages has been cold to super cold cycles, the Interglacials are 10% of the cycle’s time, not warming. The entire planet is jerking downwards towards cooling, not warming in general.
Luxury cruise line accused of offering ‘environmental disaster tourism’ with high-carbon footprint Arctic voyage – News & Advice – Travel – The Independent: yes, they are going to sail through the mythical ‘no ice’ seas of the Arctic. The ice level is back to normal, not melting. But the believers are so delusional, they can’t understand this any more than the Aussie global warming fake scientist who led the ill-fated expedition to Antarctica to watch the penguins drown.
The penguins had tons of fun watching the humans firmly stuck in deep ice. CA Weather Alert – weather.com: the drought is ending with a bang in California:
Issued by The National Weather Service
Las Vegas, NV
4:36 am PDT, Mon., Aug. 4, 2014
… FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING…
THE FLASH FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR
* PORTIONS OF CALIFORNIA AND SOUTH CENTRAL NEVADA… INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS… IN CALIFORNIA… DEATH VALLEY NATIONAL PARK... EASTERN SIERRA SLOPES… OWENS VALLEY AND WHITE MOUNTAINS OF INYO COUNTY. IN SOUTH CENTRAL NEVADA… ESMERALDA AND CENTRAL NYE COUNTY.
Even Death valley is wet now!
209 Greenhollow Rd
Petersburgh, NY 12138
Make checks out to ‘Elaine Supkis’
Click on the Pegasus icon on the right sidebar to donate via Paypal.